Friday, June 7, 2013

Relax. . . Relate. . . Release.

"I'm trying to find my peace; I was made to believe there's something wrong with me, and it hurts my..."

"I'm trying to find my peace; I was made to believe there's something wrong with me, and it hurts my heart."

- Janelle MonĂ¡e (via wrists)

It’s looking like a lot of people, myself included, had pretty bad/rough days today. Hugs to...

It’s looking like a lot of people, myself included, had pretty bad/rough days today. Hugs to you all, and here’s hoping tomorrow will be better!

essay-of-thoughts: Laura Mvula - That's Alright (by...



essay-of-thoughts:

Laura Mvula - That's Alright (by lauramvulaVEVO)

This song and this singer are incredible.

Photo



patterns-everywhere: source: lust-of-delicatesse



patterns-everywhere:

source: lust-of-delicatesse

1shara replied to your audio post: This is my favorite, I really love the live… Live...

Live version is better. I simply have 2 watch her live, she's been doing live performances & if the U-tube clips are anything to go by, the girl is a treat. I think she'll soon be going on tour with Paloma Faith, tight white girl.Should be something.

I like Paloma’s first album, at least I think it was her first. Should be a fun tour. 

klartie: klartie: i do believe i won this round of "best...



klartie:

klartie:

i do believe i won this round of "best yearbook quote" 

100,000

This is my favorite, I really love the live version. 



This is my favorite, I really love the live version. 

My computer is moving soooooooo sloooooooowly right now. After this audio post I’m uploading,...

My computer is moving soooooooo sloooooooowly right now.

After this audio post I’m uploading, I may have to call it a night and curl up with a book.

darlinginmyfashion: amuzed1: darlinginmyfashion: Can someone please tell me why Matt Morrison is...

darlinginmyfashion:

amuzed1:

darlinginmyfashion:

Can someone please tell me why Matt Morrison is singing 'Ease on Down the Road' on his album?

Nah son. You need to chill.

image

Very serious. Go listen to the clip on iTunes. It's horrifying.

No thanks. 

Relax. . . Relate. . . Release.: @1Shara

Relax. . . Relate. . . Release.: @1Shara:

1shara:

amuzed1:

So, I finally got around to listening to the Laura Mvula album yesterday on my way home. I decided to finish listening to it this morning. I have like 7 songs to go on this album, but I'm going to go on and say I like her. Sometimes I get an Amy Winehouse vibe from her, sometimes I get an Adele…

Aw! You've got her album already? You're doing one better than me. She's something else isn't she?   Any particular favourite songs thus far? 

I can hear hints of  Nina Simone. Between herself and Emile Sande I'm glad black singers on these shore are finally getting props for doing what they do so well. Don't get me wrong I love Winehouse and Adele, however I've seen too many black musicians sacrificed on the wayside whilst lesser talents flourish… the usual showbiz politics.

Rght now I have to make do with you -tube clips however I look forward to getting my hands on her album…I haven't got round to the world of Ipods yet…I still like CDs…reading the sleeve notes and gazing at the art (sheepish grin)…yeah, I like CDs.

PS. Love that she rates two of my favourites; Lizz Wright and Esperanza Spalding as two of her favourites.

Sorry I'm responding so late, totally forgot I needed to reply to this until now. I really like the live version (and the recorded version, but there's something about the live version) of "Father, Father". I'll post it in a sec. 

I have never heard of Lizz Wright, I'll have to look her up. 

darlinginmyfashion: Can someone please tell me why Matt Morrison is singing 'Ease on Down the Road'...

darlinginmyfashion:

Can someone please tell me why Matt Morrison is singing 'Ease on Down the Road' on his album?

Nah son. You need to chill.

newenglishconception: New York City Art Exhibit Lets Strangers...



newenglishconception:

New York City Art Exhibit Lets Strangers Touch Varied Textures of Black Hair

Touching hair is a controversial topic within the natural hair community. Several women with natural hair have to deal with unwelcome touches or various requests to discover what their hair texture feels like. Some are perhaps happy to oblige but most compare the experience to feeling like an animal at a petting zoo.

An editorial site that focuses on the black hair experience, un-ruly.com is exploring the touching phenomenon in an unconventional way. They are launching an interactive public exhibit called "You Can Touch My Hair," which will take place today and on June 8th, 2013 from 2-4pm in New York City's Union Square.

The exhibit is being touted as their effort to "take one for the team and explore the tactile fascination with black hair." As part of the project, "strangers from all walks of life will have the welcomed opportunity to touch various textures of black hair."

It will be fascinating to see how the touching strangers and participating subjects feel about their experience once the exhibit comes to a close. What do you think about "You Can Touch My Hair," Clutchettes?

RSVP here and get more information about the exhibit here.

This is some BULLSHIT!!!

Do they at least have to wash their hands first? No thanks. I looked at my mama funny when she went to touch my hair one day, and she GAVE it to me. LOL

fuckyeablackart: Metallic tears, mannequin by ~OrianaBorealis::...



fuckyeablackart:

Metallic tears, mannequin by ~OrianaBorealis

:: Check out our Janelle Monae art section HERE! ::

tastefullyoffensive: Scumbag Pandora[via]



tastefullyoffensive:

Scumbag Pandora

[via]

Photo



thenotoriousscuttlecliff: This is not what Regina meant when...









thenotoriousscuttlecliff:

This is not what Regina meant when she told her new psychiatrist she fantasied about eating a Charming. 

fairytiger: #Hillary: I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought...











fairytiger:

Photo



How to wash your hair: Hot or Cold?

How to wash your hair: Hot or Cold?

1 comment: